I have a youtube channel with over 700 Videos!
Hi, Thanks for visiting my website. My name is Will and if you have questions
or would like to
contribute projects or ideas you can contact me
Where to buy Mead
Buying Mead online can be a bit difficult and the availability to you will depend in large upon the state you live in and the state of the producer of the Mead. You have to individually check various mead makers to find out if they ship to you. Here is a list.
Do you know of a meadery not on my list? Send me an email:
Buy Direct from the Mead Makers websites
- Beacon Meadery - A meadery on the north fork of Long Island which uses old-world wine making techniques to make their line of melomels. They ship to almost every state in the US and you can purchase directly from their website.
- Feisty Brood Meadery - They are a small winery in Ohio that specializes in Mead.
Eight Current Meads including "Citrus Inspiration Mead" - Gold Medal at 2018 Mazer Cup for Dry Commercial Traditional meads
- Fire Circl Mead - Their brewery is in S. Oregon in a location referred to as Sam's Valley. They are possibly the only organic brewers of braggot in Oregon. Here is what they have to say about their mead: We brew Braggots which is a style of Mead We have two Braggots that are on the store shelves, Dragon's Blood and Naughty Heather. Our Dragon's Blood resembles a robust porter fermented with wine yeast, carmelly sweet with a hint of juniper berries. The Naughty Heather resembles a red ale, brewed without hops but with heather tips and flowers. Both are very popular.
- St. Ambrose Cellars - Located in Michigan. Looks like some great mead. They currently ship to Washington DC. Michigan and Minnesota. (this list of states will probably expand over time) They raise their own bees which is always a great thing when it comes to mead making!
- Laurel Highlands Meadery - Located in Pennsylvania, they have a variety of interesting meads including a chocolate, a traditional, a maple and a triple berry.
- Hidden Legend Winery - 6 types of Mead, located in Montana and ship to several different states. (Note that their repertoire has increased and they carry more than six types now!)
- Volcano Winery in Hawaii - They carry a variety of wines but also have a macadamia nut honey wine that looks very promising. You can order online.
- Rabbits Foot Meadery - California
- Redstone Meadery - Colorado
- Long Island Meadery - New Jersey
- Sky River Meadery - Washington State
- Shady Grove Meadery - Tennessee
- Bees Brothers Meadery - New Mexico
- Ring of Fire Meadery - Alaska
- New Day Meadery - Indiana
- Earle Estates Meadery - New York
- Jhelbare Wines - Ohio
- Chateau Lorane - Oregon
- White Winter Winery - Wisconsin
- Honeywine.com - Texas
- BlackSnake Meadery - Virginia
- Chaucer's Wine - California
- Heidrun Meadery - Califormia
- Munro Honey and Meadery - Canada
- Trazo Mead - Located in Tennessee. They sell online and have a nice flight of mead I recommend you get if you are new to mead and various flavors.
Other Online Retailers who Carry Mead - The same state restrictions and your ability to order online will vary from state to state
National Chains that carry wine and may carry mead. You should check with your local store to see if they actually have bottles of mead in stock
Here is another Option for you
Many meaderies (This is a place that makes mead) also have tastings or sell the mead right there in a store located at their meadery. Check out my mead map of meaderies around the U.S. to see if there is one near you. You can call them or check out their website for more information. You can also ask them what local liquor stores sell their mead!
Here is my google map of meaderies in the United States.